Ok so I’ve been trying to step up on my blogging, and make this blog a more ‘full time’ thing….
I had this idea that I would post every Monday/Wednesday/Friday. And Friday’s would be a video!
So today is Monday. And I posted a video.
So far so good.
Today’s video is a favorite quick and easy snack that your littles can help you make! A lot of times during snack time it’s easy to scarf down a bucket of Pirate Booty, but to me they are just empty calories. (And purely delicious ones.) I hate to admit it but it doesn’t keep you or your littles full until the next meal.
I’ve made date/nut balls before, and honestly these are one of our favorite grab and go snacks to eat around the house. Whether we are running out the door, or I need a little something to hold them over before dinner!
- ¾ c.- 1c. dates (pitted & dried)
- ¼ c. almonds
- ¼ c. oats
- ¼ c. honey
- ⅓ c. almond butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Blend the dates and almonds in a food processor until fine crumbs. (This will take a few minutes.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients until the mixture comes together, and sticks together. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more liquid such as nut butter or honey.
- Roll into mini balls, press into a mold, or place in a pan fitted with parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to let harden.
- Store in the fridge in a closed container.
But don’t worry. I won’t judge if you serve your kids pirate booty…Or you eat it yourself. It’s basically like eating air right?