Every so often I’ll make my girls this homemade, incredible rich, alfredo pasta. As I’m making the sauce, I watch as I whisk it’s creamy consistency around and around, and I can’t help but think…”Who needs bathing suit season anyway! I’d much rather just drink this.”
I’m not saying eating alfredo sauce means that you won’t fit into a bathing suit.
I’m saying the way I WOULD EAT alfredo sauce means…I wouldn’t be able to get off the couch.
I’ve been wanting to make an incredibly delicious and healthy alfredo pasta for The Diva Dish for a long time. I still haven’t perfected it, but I did however come up with this recipe when I was having a rough day and wishing for some comfort food.
It’s a quick and easy version of a creamy pasta that is EXTREMELY easy, so much so that you might actually be able to sit down and enjoy lunch. Not a lot of cleanup, serves 1-2 people…Oh, and it’s good for you!
- ½ c. hummus-I used regular, but there are so many flavors that would work!
- 1 TB. Melted coconut oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 3 TB. non dairy milk-or you could sub vegetable broth for a little different flavor
- 1 TB. greek yogurt-or more non dairy milk
- salt, pepper, spice-such as paprika, basil, oregano, etc.
- Cooked pasta/vegetables
- In a bowl whisk together all of the ingredients until combined and creamy. Pour over warm pasta or warm vegetables.
- Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese if needed.
- Sauce makes enough for 1-2 c. of pasta or veggies!
I’m headed off to Virginia this weekend, so there might not be a video on Friday…SHOCKER!
In the mean time, pray for me that I don’t have a complete anxiety attack on the airplane. I’m incredibly afraid of flying, I might need a horse tranquilizer pill to calm my nerves…