Ever since the start of “Fall”, I’ve been craving a nice warm pumpkin soup served in a cute lil’ pumpkin!
But I wanted to spice it up a little different since my husband dreads anything pumpkin. ( I know…)
So I added some curry season, creamy coconut milk, and a little sweetness from a sweet potato. He actually really like it! Until he added one too many dashes of Franks Hot sauce and RUINED it.
He seems to think that Franks Hot sauce goes on EVERYTHING. I mean, it’s not like they market the product saying it goes on EV.RY.THANG.
Or do they?
He also doesn’t like dessert, Real Housewives, or the color turquoise. (Which, I want to paint my whole house and every piece of furniture.) WHAT’S WRONG WITH HIM?! Not that much really…He’s adorable. But really? Who hates turquoise?
Now…About that Thai Spiced Pumpkin Soup…
- 2½ c. pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
- 1 c. sweet potato puree
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- 4 TB. madras curry powder, or another curry powder seasoning
- grated nutmeg, or a sprinkle of ground nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Drizzle of coconut milk
- Add the puree, milk, broth, and curry powder in a pot over the stop. Turn the heat on to medium.
- Whisk all ingredients together until creamy. Let the soup come to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Add in your nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot in bowls, or hollowed pumpkins, and top with roasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of coconut milk.
My dream is to one day hold a fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner at my house where I serve this soup in mini pumpkins and everyone says “Ooooh” and “Aaahhh”…
Then drizzle it with a yummy coconut milk and some crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds! It’s the perfect crouton for this soup!
I promise my next recipe won’t be pumpkin based…I think? Otherwise my husband might, well…Put Franks Hot Sauce on Pumpkin Pie.