Have you ever tried to convince someone to do something, but they rejected you?
Then later on someone else ask that person to do the same thing, and they are all on board…
So this past week I got so mad at my husband. I gave that man the best silent treatment known to man, followed by a few side eyes just to make sure he got the point I was pissed.
All over a vegetarian pizza. #wifegoals
I’ve always been a dramatic person, I won’t deny that ok. I won’t deny that maybe I shouldn’t have gotten so upset. BUT you guys, my husband…Dog House.
You see, for YEARS I’ve been trying to convince my husband to try and challenge himself to eat vegan/vegetarian for a solid week. He loves his fast food/junk food, because we are polar opposites when it comes to our appetites. So i figured, if he gave it a solid week he would all of the sudden love healthy food and we would eat at vegan restaurants on date night…
Or something like that.
So fast forward to this week when I make this pizza, aka my FAVORITE vegetarian pizza, and my husband is taking picture of it. Wait what? He never does this, what’s going on? I quickly asked him, expecting to hear him tell me he is posting it on social media to tell all his friends what a dang good cook I am…
But no. He is sending it to his co-workers because they are going to do a VEGETARIAN challenge at work coming up, and he wants to motivate them and tell them it’s do-able.
Immediately I’m mad wife status, feeling all the feels of betrayal. He doesn’t notice as he scarfs down the deliciousness, but I subtly try and change that. A look there, shutting the cabinet door just a tad harder here…
My poor husband.
He is just so understand to my ways..He promised me that it was my idea all along and that his co-workers just gave him that extra motivation…I admitted to being a tad overdramaticitisthattimeofthemonth status, and all was well…
He told me maybe I should go run that night at the gym to have some time to myself and de-stress from the day. Obviously he was calling me fat right?
So about that pizza….
- 2 pieces naan bread
- ½ cup - 1 c. marinara sauce
- ⅓ c. sliced black olive
- ⅓ c. sliced pimento olives
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 TB. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB. chopped onion
- 2 TB. chopped garlic
- heaping ½ cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- ⅓ of a green pepper, diced
- dash of salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup salted and roasted halved cashews
- 1-2 TB. Italian seasoning
- ¼ c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ c. (or more) mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, or a combination of both
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Place the naan bread on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil. Then add in the onions and garlic, cooking about 2-3 minutes. Next add the green bell pepper and broccoli, tossing to cook about 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top.
- While the mixture is cooking, spread the marinara sauce on both of the crusts, followed by the olives, and sliced tomato.
- When the vegetables are done, and have cooled a little. Divide the mixture into two, and sprinkle on top of the pizza. Next add the cashews.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on both pizzas, followed by parmesan cheese, and the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
I actually did end up going to the gym that night because my friend text me she was going and asked me to join. Turned out to be a great way to destress and have time to myself! Who would have thought?!