It started out an early…early saturday morning.
Early enough to where I wished I was a coffee drinker.
But that’s besides the point.
We were all doin’ the usual thang..
Hubby sleeping…Baby Boo playing..
And me finding out what botox would feel like.
As I fixed breakfast I noticed that my 10 bananas sitting on the counter were turning a little brown.
Yes, I had ten bananas. And just like carrots turn your orange, bananas turn you into hairy monkeys.
Which is the real reason behind the green face mask.
OOoo Eehh Ahh Ahhh
I decided that I really wanted banana bread. With blueberries. Blueberries in banana bread is almost as good as chocolate chips in banana bread. And if you use your imagination, blueberries kind of taste like chocolate…
haha just kidding
I tried a new recipe for banana bread. It had no butter, minimal sugar, and tons of whole grainy goodness, and as I looked for my loaf pan in my linen closet (don’t you keep bakeware in your linen closet?), I noticed one of my new pans that I have yet to use.
Could it be done.
Baked Banana Donuts? It sounds possible.
So I baked as followed, and well, I was quite disappointed.
Maybe I didn’t bake them long enough since they were still a little gooey, but they looked sad…
Flat little pancakes, with a hole in the middle. Me no likey…
So I beat my chest, and scratched my head…
I knew I had to try again.
They look kind of like a donut.
But they tasted like sand.
I may have shed a tear, but I quickly wiped my eyes, and tried AGAIN!
3rd time a charm right?
Baked Banana Donut with Dark Chocolate Drizzle & Coconut…
What am I doing wrong??
Too dry, too sandy, not fluffy, and airy…
I am totally bummed because I was hoping to have an amazing donut recipe to share, but instead I am just going to have to settle..
Disappointing, am I right? 🙂
You see, I made these back in December during Christmas time, and for some reason I never shared the recipe. Maybe it’s because every time I look at the pictures, they give me ideas. Bad Ideas. Ideas that make me want to sit in pool full of melted dark chocolate while eating a chocolate covered chocolate bar, as I continue sipping a chocolate smoothie.
Like I said.
Vegan Chocolate Tart w/ Maple Almond Crust
2 cups raw almonds
3 TB maple syrup + 2 TB maple syrup
1 cup dates (pits removed)(maybe 🙂
1/2 tsp. salt.
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
Directions: (for tart)
1. Set oven to 325. Take a baking sheet fitted with baking mat, and put almonds on sheet. Coat almonds with the 3 TB maple syrup. Make sure all almonds are coated.
2. Roast in oven for 15 min, stirring about ever 5 min.
3. Once almonds are done, let cool.
4. In a food processor, add all the rest of the ingredients, and process until crumbly, yet mixture sticks.
* note-I forgot about how much dates I used here, so I am kinda guessing, but If your need to add more dates then do so and please let me know!*
5. Press mixture into mini tart pans and dehydrate for about an hour @ 105. If you don’t have a dehydrator, use oven at lowest temp setting, and bake for 30 minutes.
(for chocolate filling)(Recipe from Fitnessista)
2 1/2 cups soaked raw cashews
1 1/2 cups double dutch dark cocoa powder(or reg cocoa powder)
1 cup maple Syrup
1/2 cup honey (or agave)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup water
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
Directions for chocolate filling:
1. Soak cashews in water for at least 30 min to an hour. Then in a vitamix, or high processing blender add cashews (w/o water), maple syrup, honey, vanilla, sea salt, and water. Blend all together until smooth and creamy.
2. Then add in cocoa powder and blend until creamy, with NO lumps.
3. Then add in coconut oil, and puree until smooth.
4. Pour filling into prepared tart pans, and set in freezer for at least an hour so tart will set.
Heaven Tarts. That’s what they should be called..
The best thing I ever ate tarts.
If I could choose one food item to take with me on a deserted island tarts.
You get the idea.
I couldn’t stop eating the filling!
Neither could baby boo..
It’s definitely a splurge dessert. It’s very rich and very filling.
But hey, I have never been one to complain about rich or filling desserts.
The richer the better..
A wise saying for choice of dessert…
as well as men.. 🙂
And with every bite..
I can assure you a moment of pure happiness.
Let me put it this way…
It doesn’t even compare to a Banana Baked Donut.