Today I planned.
I planned on waking up around 730, maybe 8.
We woke up at 530.
I planned on taking Baby Boo for a walk.
I planned on drinking a delicious cold busting smoothie after learning the top 3 foods to fighting colds.
And I planned on photographing and drinking that cold buster smoothie while Baby Boo took her morning nap…
But since Baby Boo has protested sleeping the past few days, a photograph and a sip was all I could get…
I think it was good..
But I don’t really know because by the time I could drink it…
it was freakin’ warm.
I then began to think, maybe I should throw out all my plans of Baby Boo sleeping.
Even though she seems exhausted…
How many airplane rides does MaMa have to do to make this girl tired?!?
I can’t blame Baby Boo though. There has been too many sneezes…
She is snot cool with that..
Catch my drift.
I decided that if Baby Boo was snot going to sleep, then she would be my partner in crime in the kitchen.
I planned on making enchilades.
Instead, all I made was a smoothie I didn’t get to enjoy.
And all I consumed through out the day was a cookie, crackers and hummus, a granola bar, and a sip of greens.
Now, since I planned on sharing an enchilada recipe…
We all know that didn’t happen…
So instead, here is a cookie recipe…
Because It’s the one out of 4 things I ate today.
Protein Power Cookie
Although it’s called a cookie, it’s actually full of healthy fiber and protein. The secret ingredient is quinoa which contains tons of protein and antioxidants.There is no unhealthy fats or ridiculous amounts of sugar. It’s a great pre/post-workout snack as well.
1/2 cup oats
1/2 plain cooked quinoa
2/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/8 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp. baking powder
4 TB freshly ground flax seeds
1 TB chia seeds
3 1/2 TB almond/peanut butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 TB canola oil
* Can use 5 TB of ground flax seeds if you can’t find chia seeds.
* Buy whole flax seeds and blend in processor until fine.
1. Combine oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, coconut, raisins, and chocolate chips into a bowl, then sift in baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl combine ground flax, chia seeds, syrup, agave, almond butter, and vanilla. Mix in oil.
3. Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients, but DO NOT over mix.
4. Use a pan coated with parchment paper, scoop cookies with a ice cream scoop evenly apart and flatten tops with fingers slightly.
5. Bake in a pre heated 350 degree oven for no longer than 11-12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack.
These are amazing. You don’t even miss the butter!
Did I just say that?
I planned on sharing these with everyone in the family…
So far, that hasn’t happened. It probably won’t either.
I’m just being honest.
Now I plan on doing something about these bad boys…
But considering the fact I’ve been sporting them for the past two days, tells me that it’s really not a plan I’m intending on fixing anytime soon.