- Let me take a second to complain.
You have ruined what was supposed to be an aWeSoMe winter break. I no longer can take Baby Boo for a walk,(which equals no exercise for mamma), driving anywhere is completely unsafe and crazy, (that’s also a jab at last minute shoppers), and your constantly going all night keeping me, and MORE importantly, baby boo awake.
I would also like to blame you for the sickness my hubby has which has him in bed sleeping all day, and therefore can’t play with Baby Boo and I.
So with that being said,
I hate your stinkin’ guts.
When mamma is cranky, mamma bakes.
by, Peas&ThankYou (Love Love Love Her!!)
3/4 cup Silk ‘Nog
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup organic unbleached flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup organic sugar
1 TB baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 t. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (or 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg)
1/2 c. vegan margarine (i.e. Earth Balance)
1. Combine ‘Nog and lemon juice and set aside.
2. Combine Dry ingredients (flour, sugar, BP, BS, tartar, salt, and nutmeg)
3. Then add margarine in 1TB. chunks and cut into batter until coarse.
4. Place dough on lightly floured surface and form into found circle about 1 inch thick.
5. Cut into 8 slices.
9. Place scones on cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 20 minutes. (Mine took about 15-17 minutes in a convectional)
10. Once done, remove from baking sheet and let cool, and prepare the drizzle.
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
3 TB Silk ‘Nog
1/2 tsp. nutmeg (+ or less depending on preference)
Milk all ingredients together and drizzle over scones.
I have never made scones before because I thought they would be hard, but these were SO easy.
I was only going to eat half since I had already had a pound of bark for breakfast, but I devoured the whole thing…
It almost made me forget about how pissed off I was at the stupid rain…until I saw this sunshiney yellow plate.