I’m trying my hardest to type this blog post all about the most delicious Chocolate Spiced Banana Muffins, but my daughter has Peppa Pig on in the background, and now I’ve somehow developed a British accent with pig snorts shoved in-between. You want to know what’s worse than regular writers’ block? British accent pig snorts writers’ block…
So about these muffins…
Ever since I started decorating for Christmas in
October last week, I’ve been fully embracing the holiday baking season. I also started going back to the gym to counteract all of the calories I’ve been eating baking. In fear that my maternity pants may have to make their way back out of the garage, I’ve decided to start distributing baked goods out early this year to our friends.
They win and I don’t look pregnant.
Although, I’ve always wanted to be the friend who dropped off kale salads to the neighbors during the Christmas season because that’s what everybody really wants! Right? Yup.
The second these came out of the oven, my girls each had two and then didn’t eat their dinner. I’d say that means this recipes is a winner and I’m a top notch parent! Snort!
- 2¼ c. white whole wheat flour
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¾ c. softened butter, can sub room temp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ c. coconut sugar
- 1 TB. vanilla
- 5 mashed bananas
- 1½ c. dark chocolate chopped, or dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Next add in the eggs, slowly beating one after the other. Then the vanilla.
- Next add in the bananas and combine.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Try not to over beat.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and scoop batter into the muffin tin using a medium ice cream scoop to create even baking.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, depending on oven.
- Makes 24 muffins.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Sidenote: These are probably a ‘healthier’ treat than other Christmas treats, so it’s basically like dropping a kale salad.
What would you guys do without me?