I am a hypochondriac.
The first step is admitting it, right?
Literally every week I tell my husband I’ve got some sort of sickness/disease, and I’m 100% sure because at least 15 out of the 27 websites I checked said so. And let’s be honest, the doctors on those sites are LEGIT!
And then today, my daughter locked herself and the baby in one of our bedrooms so as I finally opened the door, she wam-bam slams the door right into my head.
Flashbacks of the movie Simon Burch went through my mind, because I’m pretty sure she hit my temple. I dropped to the floor dramatically as I sat silently holding my head. I waited a few minutes, only to hear my 3 year old laughing hysterically.
I survived. But barely.
This bread was the only thing that kept me from googling “what happens if I hit my head on the temple”, because we all know Youtube would pop up and THAT scene from Simon Burch would pop up, and then I would cry, and then I would call my husband and freak out, and then I would probably eat the whole loaf of bread in the corner of my closet watching the movie…crying.
Was that a run on sentence?
I didn’t google it thankfully, and I even shared this bread with the child that almost killed me. After all, that’s what any sensible person would do…
- 3 c. flour, white whole wheat or unbleached white
- 1½ c. pure cane sugar OR coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. all spice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. melted butter OR melted coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. pumpkin puree
- ⅓ c. molasses
- ⅓ c. water
- 1 TB. vanilla
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oil/butter, eggs, pumpkin, molasses, water, and vanilla.
- Add the wet to dry, and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in 2 greased bread pans, and bake for 50-60 minutes. I usually cover the bread with a foil tent so the edges don't burn.
- OR, make 24-26 cupcakes and bake for 18-25 minutes, depending on the oven.
If you HAVE to google anything, google this bread. After all, the author is LEGIT!