Some times mama’s need breaks from their everyday scheduled happenings.
And this weekend, that’s just what this Mama got.
And I hate to call it a “break”, because I really don’t ever need a break from this little angel…
But I did need to get stuff done..And when Baby Boo is around, it’s all play and no work! 🙂
Tough life huh.
So off to grandmothers house went Baby Boo…and I was left alone tend to my list.
Yes..This was on my list.
I then did something that I normally only do at the gym..or if hubby is talking..
I put on my headphones and listened to music.
That’s when things started to get a little crazy…
I think I’ve killed off one to many brain cells with all the spray painting I’ve been doing…
And the neighbors are starting to look at me funny…
Hell…They started questioning my sanity when I started taking pictures on my front patio of food…
“But, I’m a blogger…”
Then I made hubby get in on the action..Because there is nothing sexier than a man with a spray can…
That is, until I realized how “particular” I am about my projects, and the last thing I needed was the back of our bench reading, “hubby was here…”
So I sent him upstairs to do something that really turned me on:
Is anybody gettin’ hot N’ bothered, or is it just me?
Next, we added a few random touches to Miss. Prada’s room…
Tutorials coming later 🙂
And after that..
Do you really care?
The rest is pretty boring..But our breakfast the next day, now that’s a different story!
We threw everything out the door! No rules, no regulations..
And ate cake..
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast(or snack) Cake Bars
3 gala apples, finely shredded
1/2 C. dates, chopped
1/4 C. honey
1/4 C. water
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 C. whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
dash of salt.
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 TB. ground flax seeds
1/4 C. + 1/8 C. canola Oil
1/8 C. applesauce
1/4 C. non dairy milk
1/4 C. apple juice
1/4 C. organic sugar
Directions: (Oven temp 350)
1. Combine shredded apples, dates, honey, water, cornstarch, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a pot. Stir mixture, and heat until it bubbles, then reduce to a simmer for 8-10 minutes. Once done, puree in a food processor until smooth, like applesauce. Set aside.
2. Mix dry flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices in a separate bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix flax seeds, oil, applesauce, milk, juice, and sugar in a bowl. Stir until combined. Add wet to dry and mix until fully incorporated. Batter will be super thick.
4. Fold in apples/date puree into thick batter. Fold ingredients together until fully incorporated.
5. In a prepared 8X8 pan covered in parchment paper, pour batter into pan and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. (i did 22)
6. Once done, let cool and then remove bars from pan.
7. Drizzle with some Maple Cream Sauce(with tons of added cinnamon)
8. Eat Cake.
Eat cake for breakfast.
And finally dinner.
Then as soon as you go back for dessert, you find only one piece left.
But luckily, it’s just in time to share said cake with someone special.
So happy Baby Boo is home now!
I was starting to get real bored around here!!
I think I’m beginning to understand the real reason why the neighbors are always staring…